Error occurs while users are trying to send as well as receive an email message in the Outlook or even in the Outlook Express. The code clearly defines that an email client (Outlook) is unable to establish a proper connection with its Outgoing email Server. If we see then, SMTP protocols are responsible for outgoing emails and if the details of these protocols are assigned in an inaccurate way, then it can cause such error codes in Microsoft Outlook. Other known reasons are sending and receiving errors in MS Outlook error, scanning programs, etc. are few of the reason of such error code. So, it advised to abort any scanning program to make sure that the error is not caused further. We have discussed steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80042109.
Steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80042109
Step 1: Reset the Outlook Outgoing Server Details which is your SMTP:
- Outgoing Server Detail (SMTP) in Outlook comes with advance values such as Port Protocols and SSL authentication over protocols which make all Outgoing details a proper transformation phase which includes sending as well as receiving of emails via Microsoft Outlook. Wrong inputs of all these values or alteration from the ISP side will certainly cause errors like 0x80042109 in Outlook as well as in Outlook Express. Well, the default SMTP details for the Outlook is “25”, but after the alteration is made in this value, users need to reset it simply by “587”. Another way is to get connected with their Internet Service Provider to fix the issue properly.
Step 2: Make changes to the SMTP Details now:
- Initiate the Microsoft Outlook and then, click on the “File” button.
- Tap on the “Data File Management” icon next
- Now, users need to work on a new window screen which is known as “Account Settings”.
- Make a quick click on the “Email” tab and take out the email address which is the possible cause of the error.
- After choosing a type of mail address simply double click on it and tap on the “More Settings” icon.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab now and then, change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) from “25” to “587”.
- At last, just ensure an encryption process as a ‘TLS’
Contact our technicians at Outlook Support Number to fix issues faster
Get in touch with us at Outlook Helpline Number 1-800-243-0019 where technicians are always available 24*7 hours to bring users world class solutions to their problems. We are always a step forward to assist users with all possible answers while ensuring that their data are kept safe. Come and explore our solutions now.